1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

St Michaels College - Hyde Park, Leeds.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Joe, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Joe

Joe El Duderino

KooK and I were at a loose end today as we both had days off... Fun and japes ensued as we slipped, scraped and fell our way into this old college building.

Here are some photos I took.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

Re: Abandoned College - Leeds.

nice explore, any more external shots?

4. Joe

Joe El Duderino

Here's one:

[​IMG]

5. karloslambchop

karloslambchop New Member

Hi Joe,

You have some excellent captures on here mate. Love the old telly and the crispbread box!!Impressed!

Karl.

6. Derc

Derc New Member

Loved the shafts of sunlight, illuminating the abandoned gear. Looks like St. Michaels college, Kendal Lane.

7. MrTempleDene

MrTempleDene Just Me Staff Member

It's my old school, quite right Derc, but it's the far end where Kendal Lane becomes St. John's road.

Odd how many memories come flooding back seeing that!

8. Joe

Joe El Duderino

Cheers lads, I'd forgotten about this. It is St Michael's up in Hyde Park.

9. karloslambchop

karloslambchop New Member

Hi Joe,

Forgive my ignorance on the IT front... How do I send you a private message? Nothing major just didnt want to start a new thread with a question) I can't see the option against your profile?

Karl.

10. Derc

Derc New Member

I used to live in Hanover Sq. as a kid (short trousers) and well remember climbing a freshly tipped pile of coke in the college grounds,
    the wet stuff that had been at the bottom of the tipper, was now at the top, result, very black legs, shorts, shoes and socks.
    A rollicking and hose down when I got home. I have the college coat of arms set up on computer after doing a 'Welcome to' sign for them a few years ago.
    If you want, I could always email you a copy.

11. Joe

Joe El Duderino

Karl,

You should be able to send one now, however if it is regarding access to this place then I'm afraid I won't be able to tell you as it has been almost 18 months since I went.

J.

12. thejollytog

thejollytog New Member

Only just discovered this thread, what a cracking find and super shots!

13. Coypu

Coypu New Member

Great photos! Doesn't look like it's been used by others much since it's been abandoned?

14. Joe

Joe El Duderino

It hasn't been used by anyone legitimately since it was abandoned. A few squatters and the like...

These photos were from over 18 months ago and I'm told the internal condition of the buildings has now deteriorated somewhat.

15. Rick

Rick Member

It was unused for a while after closure, then St. George's Crypt moved their operation into part of the school whilst their premises in town were refurbished.

It's been properly empty since St. George's moved back to the original Crypt.

(And once the police move out of the Belle Vue station, the condition will most likely decline even more quickly...)

16. leeds painter

leeds painter New Member

just seen your pictures, that looks like good fun. im intrested in old buildings and it's sad to see many fine old buildings of leeds fall in to desrepair and the vandals moving in. I've see other similar photo's on flicker where people take photo of old buidings. there is some really good stuff on there.

17. Coypu

Coypu New Member

Loads of great photos on the 28dayslater website, for those of you who are interested and haven't seen it before. I go though phases of getting addicted to that website, it's compulsive.

18. Joe

Joe El Duderino

I post there under the name "jST" - have a look out for some of my photies.

19. Acebikerchick

Acebikerchick New Member

Wonderful as always and one on my list to explore. You know i like them when there more derelict.... :)

20. minor hour

minor hour New Member

photographing abandoned spaces looks like great fun!

21. Croggy

Croggy Cereal Forumer Staff Member