1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Scalextric (Spelling corrected).

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Staypuff, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

Anybody know anything about Scalextric? I'm wanting to get my lad one for his [6th] birthday. I was thinking of the Star Wars one but it's been panned everywhere I've seen it. Looking for a kind of "starter" pack that we can add to if he like it.

I never had a Scalextric when I was young because we were poor. I used to have to push two toilet roll tubes down't stairs. But we were happy.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. TMC

TMC Member

Favourite Bands:
    Proud Mary
    Used to love scalextric when i was younger, hours of fun building, breaking and fixing the tracks up. Subbuteo was another favourite although i was forever crushing unfortunate centre backs! I would imagine newer scalextric sets are expensive. Argos or somewehere similar may do a small set that can be built upon / added to?

4. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

Yeah, there's something called Micro Scalextric now, not sure what the difference is (beside size I would imagine!)

5. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

Yeah, I don't know if you can integrate the original Scalextric with the Micro, I'm guessing not but you raise a valid point

6. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

Glad to see you've dropped the pretence, Darren

7. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

"What you gon' do with all that junk? All that junk inside your trunk? I'ma get, get, get, get, you drunk, Get you love drunk off my hump.
    My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, My hump, my hump, my hump, my lovely little lumps (Check it out)"

(My Humps, Black Eyed Peas)

8. BigD

BigD Member

4.92: "And it does not behoove a believer to kill a believer except by mistake, and whoever kills a believer by mistake, he should free a believing slave, and blood-money should be paid to his people unless they remit it as alms; but if he be from a tribe hostile to you and he is a believer, the freeing of a believing slave (suffices), and if he is from a tribe between whom and you there is a covenant, the blood-money should be paid to his people along with the freeing of a believing slave; but he who cannot find (a slave) should fast for two months successively:"

9. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

Anyone?

10. doc

doc Active Member

whatever you get look after it, there's a lot of trading of the cars etc

my v old james bond set went for 1k on e bay

11. Stardust

Stardust Registered User

I spent a small fortune two years back on a Mario cart Scalextric and I think my kid has played with it twice! It sits in a box under his bed, if all the bits are there I think I will stick it on Ebay.

They do take quite a bit of setting up and I found my boys got bored with it quickly, but I know some kids love them. Sorry though, can't advise on a starter pack. The one we got was quite big.

12. Mexico75

Mexico75 Active Member

Just buy the best one you can afford, everything is compatible so you can add cars and track whenever you like. There are often bundles of second hand track section on ebay that goes pretty cheap. Also all aftermarket cars are compatible with scalextric track so you aren't even tied to the generally expensive Scalextric/ Hornby cars. Also if it's for a 6 year old maybe you should look at second hand as the cars will probably spend 50% of the time flying off the corners into the wall lol

13. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

Cheers all. I ended up picking up a bundle from eBay (this was my first ever eBay purchase! I'm so proud). Thought I'd get a complete circuit and then add to it if it's a hit.

14. GregB

GregB Active Member

I had a huge box when I was a kid. No idea where it went. Hopefully in the loft at my parents house

15. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

Great news...enjoy!

16. Fastfreddy

Fastfreddy Well-Known Member

Childish threat. Terribly boring pastime. Uninspiring game for Chavs with nothing better to do. Reading and drawing were much more rewarding

17. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

But enough about your posting activities...

MarcPollitt84 and Mexico75 like this.
  18. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

I had a Scalextric and made model planes, and read books. I don't think I could be further removed from a a chav if I tried. For example the other day I went for a cheese tasting in Harrogate. Hardly chav behaviour that.

19. JohnnoLS8

JohnnoLS8 Member

It's only a chav cheese tasting if all they have are Kraft cheese slices.

Mr Gary C likes this.
  20. Fastfreddy

Fastfreddy Well-Known Member

I am going to ignore you Mr Puff. I dont like the cut of your jib and quite frankly you offend me just like the rest of your cadre of friends. Incidentally before I sign you off from my life, you might care to spell Scalextric correctly and more people may have taken an interest.

21. JohnnoLS8

JohnnoLS8 Member

What brought this on????