1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

IPCC is a joke

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by alfonse, Jun 12, 2015.

1. alfonse

alfonse Member

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. AgentW

AgentW Member

No great surprise.

[​IMG]

OK, we'll give you a Hillsborough enquiry, but this? Nah, nothing to see here. Likewise the "Battle of the Beanfield". Airbrush the lot.

4. doc

doc Active Member

apparently the navy used to pressgang people into fighting wars

is that investigation still going on ?

5. tome

tome Active Member

I hope not. My great-great-grandfather took the King's shilling and did a runner.

6. chrisremote

chrisremote New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Interpol, Radiohead
    Where do you draw the line with this mentality though? The coppers involved are still alive, albeit retired. It's not as if they're not there to be investigated.

7. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

96 people did die at Hilsborough, though. Not to excuse anyone but a comparison between the two is ridiculous.

8. It's not ridiculous.

Endemic police / media /government corruption. The death count doesn't matter. The BBC edited footage to make it look like the miners attacked. The BBC lied on the news.

The Miners Strike was a turning point for this country. It was the pivot that got us to where we are now. And that cultural shift was built on lies, blanket propaganda, agent provocateurs from MI5 and the police. Lies and violence. The establishment set out to destroy working class solidarity.

We wouldn't be here watching the NHS go down the pan, libraries closing, housing crisis, and all the social misery and inequality that is bubbling towards the surface if not for the failure of the miners strike.

The perpetrators need to be held to account. Every thing we discover about the way the country actually works empowers us. It's important.

9. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

Sorry, where did I say there shouldn't be an enquiry? Must have missed that.

10. doc

doc Active Member

the left wing bbc lied??

I'm in a library now

I blame pensioners for the crisis , just too many

11. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

Coppers used to have way better uniforms back in the day.

12. AgentW

AgentW Member

I wasn't intending to draw any comparisons, more point out the similarities and hint at a connection. Apologies if I didn't make that clearer.

That said, at Orgreave and the Battle of the Beanfield, I think we saw a police force acting as a state agency with a specific goal in mind. Further to that, we're only getting a Hillsborough enquiry now because for years the need for one was suppressed as a "thank you" to South Yorks police for services rendered during the miners' strike. The families of the Hillsborough victims have not, ever, been prepared to let it lie. That it's taken 25 years is a testament to their tenacity but also an indication of how deeply entrenched the links between police and state are.

A lot of what Mr RedStars says is true, but one thing's missing: Thatcher had to smash the miners to privatise electricity. You can read all about it in this book 'ere: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/book/9780080429946

(Disclaimer: It's not the greatest read in the history of books. Any typos in it are the fault of the proofreader; I only copy-edited it.)

The IPCC report on Orgreave is now publicly available, and you can read it yourself. I've only seen a few bits of it so far, but apparently the officer in the image I posted was investigated and found to have done nothing wrong.

13. doc

doc Active Member

bbc4 festival show showed hippies getting done after the miners last nite.

didn't look good but one of them said it needed to happen

14. AgentW

AgentW Member

15. doc

doc Active Member

the best quote was the oap giving em free tea in the hope they'd use her bath