1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

How safe is our city ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by scott, Apr 28, 2017.

1. scott

scott New Member

This week there was a ram raid on one of our luxury stores Louis Vitton.

Although this is unfortunate , my concern is elsewhere.

How safe is our busiest pedestrian area from future terrorist related conflict ?

[​IMG]

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. JoeW

JoeW Member

Very safe, because terrorist attacks are so extremely rare that the risk is negligible. You are much more likely to die by being run over by a bus on the Headrow.

Cowl2 likes this.
  4. Agent_W

Agent_W Active Member

Don't equate a robbery of a high-value consumer goods shop with a terrorist attack, you daft melt.

5. Agent_W

Agent_W Active Member

I apologise for my last comment, but I'm not going to delete it.

There's only a tiny percentage of people out there who actually mean us - you and me - any harm at all.

There's a huge shit-stirring machine out there that would try to make you believe otherwise, though.

The vast - overwhelmingly vast - majority of people just want to live their lives in peace and want to get by, one way or another. They go to work, get paid, feed their families, maybe buy a house if they're lucky enough or well-off enough. Most people have simple aims in life that don't involve shitting on someone else. Or killing them.

You can live your life in fear if you like. And it's true, you could get killed by a maniac at any time. You could get shot dead putting the bins out. But it's highly likely you won't.

Amplification of really, really rare events does not make a genuine threat.