1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Do you have a dark side?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Retired, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Retired

Retired New Member

Do you have a dark side to your pesonality .Are there thoughts that you do not voice .I have, i was born in 1950 and was brought up on a then new Council estate in Moortown .People worked hard and children studied to get on in life .Lets forward 60 years .I am at a loss to understand how young people can decide they are not ever going to work .And expect the taxpayer to fund their lifestyles.I cannot understand why the Gov should pay for the upkeep of a very young lady who has had two children whilst still being a child herself .Demanding and getting financial help.But never worked or even finished school .Manners seem to have taken a backseat especially at bus stops .We don't queue anymore .Bus comes rush and push .And why should good old GB be the dumping ground for every tosser from the EU countries .And i don't see it getting any better .Every Gov seems to want to help out every despot dictator instead of helping out our own and putting our problems right .

I think it's about time that our money stayed in this country and a little less Foreign Aid went out .Right thats my darkside aired .

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. pk014b7161

pk014b7161 New Member

Re: Do you have

i agree with you ............and i also think the human rights act that we have took on board needs looking at

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  4. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Me too, especially about the lack of manners nowadays.........

5. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Why do you think it needs looking at pk'?

6. Moleie

Moleie New Member

Possibly I should just ignore posts like this as they tend to make me get angry which isn't very Christmassy, but just to pick you up on a point:

And why should good old GB be the dumping ground for every tosser from the EU countries

Did you have any choice in where you were born or were you just lucky? Why shouldn't you share something you got through a fortunate birth?

7. pk014b7161

pk014b7161 New Member

human rights should apply when you behave like a human anyone who steps over to the other side by murdering raping and pillaging should be stripped of their so called human rights as they dont seem to care about the rights of the victim they have just set upon i also believe that life should mean life and it would include hard labour and no creature comforts prison would be about punishment not a bit of a inconvenience

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  8. Aftab

Aftab New Member

maybe this was self depricating, Britain is an EU country.

9. grafter

grafter New Member

I thought the question was :Do you have a dark side?

10. Turndial

Turndial New Member

We all have a dark side. Mine comes out regularly. Some things that really tick me off at the moment:

- Britain not looking to fix problems at home but giving so much money away to foreign aid and the EU

- Almost every popular TV program has at least one overtly gay man in it. How many overtly gay men do you know?! I know none, therefore I cannot understand how there happens to be one in every tiny 'community' on every tv show. British or American. I have nothing against homosexuality, I'm just struggling to adjust to the lack of realism that everything (including 'reality' TV) shows us.

- The lack of support for British Soldiers by their own. Do you know why Help for Heroes was created? because the govt refused to fund any kind of care for injured soldiers. So Britains people are funding it through a charity. Not to mention the homelessness, poverty and general disrespect they face after being out there and fighting a losing fight.

- The anti-feminist movement that is happening. Men are being victimised because they are men. How many women do you know that pay spousal support to their ex-husband? How many men do you know that are just normal hetero men that have managed to adopt children or not be branded in some way or other.

- The general agreement that the police always have it wrong. A few days ago the police stopped a terrorist plot in London. In a few weeks these suspects will be released, the media will start slandering the police about victimising muslims and next thing you know Phil Shiner will start another lawsuit. What people don't realise is the amount of research and intelligence that goes into arresting people like that. Blowing alot of major intelligence on other terrorist cells to ensure they uphold the safety of citizens.

ok I'll stop my rant but you get the idea. There are alot of things that could be changed just by having a more 'normal' view of life and less of a fearful and spiteful one.

11. Aftab

Aftab New Member

How Tv programs should be made and what they should do, what the Police do and how we should treat them, how we should treat women and men or those impoverished in our society, all have one thing in common, what others should do to please us. What are we as individuals doing to be better people and try and do good for society than whine endlessly on what society should do to fit in with our specified parameters? To blame others for our own failings others is the dark side of our own personalities we often overlook and think that even that is someone else's fault. We all have a dark side, thankfully mine is the outside.

12. Turndial

Turndial New Member

How in the world does wanting to be happy with what we pay for (TV), being a bit more patriotic and realistic and allowing a little nationalism into our lives amount to what others should do to please us?! explain that please.

Who's parameters? So you're saying that supporting troops, wanting to see normality on television is not something that society wants and therefore should not aim to please the masses? sounds a bit dictatorial to me..

Are you just coming out of a tanning salon?

13. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

I feel a trend starting again here.:hey:

14. Aftab

Aftab New Member

the thread is not about troops or support of or the quality of goods supplied that we pay for either, but simply posing a question of do you have a dark side? 0r maybe it should have been, 'do you have an agenda? Or nothing better to do?'

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  15. Aftab

Aftab New Member

what a bit like SF where a new iD would be setup just to have go and get banned?

16. dervish99

Could be that way Aftab, my advice is not to get involved with the arguments like last time otherwise there may be more than one requiring a new ID.

17. Aftab

Aftab New Member

I'm gone:icon_lol:

18. Turndial

Turndial New Member

ok, please forgive me for trying to incite a discussion in a DISCUSSION forum.

19. dervish99

What a curious choice of words....incite and discussion, usually one contributes to a discussion

20. Aftab

Aftab New Member

On a discussion forum the term used for incitement is 'trolling':icon_wink:

It would be interesting of course to discuss the topic rather than people to pose and answer their own questions and then referring to it as a discussion.:icon_smile:

21. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Fair enough pk, some good points there.